The first week of free agency is nearly over. Here’s a recap of the Green Bay Packers‘ moves so far.
The biggest story of the week is, of course, Aaron Rodgers’ future. A trade to the New York Jets still hasn’t happened, but it’s only a matter of time.
In the meantime, which free agents are coming back to Green Bay? Who has signed elsewhere? Which players are still free agents?
Which free agents have Packers signed?
- Keisean Nixon, CB: This was a must. Nixon was an All-Pro last season, and the Packers made the right call to bring him back.
- Tarvarius Moore, S: Moore helps the special teams, but can also provide cover on defense. A smart signing.
- Yosh Nijman, T: According to NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero, the Packers positioned a second-round tender on Nijman. He may nonetheless find yourself enjoying elsewhere, however one other group must hand over a second-rounder.
- Rudy Ford, S: Pelissero also reported that Inexperienced Bay re-signed Ford to a one-year deal. He performed nicely final season.
- Tyler Davis, TE: Davis gives some depth at tight finish, so it made sense to re-sign him.
- Matt Orzech, LS: The Packers wanted a brand new lengthy snapper, and so they have discovered one.
Which Packers free brokers have signed elsewhere?
- Allen Lazard, WR: With Aaron Rodgers probably on his method to the New York Jets, it’s no shock to see Lazard signal there.
- Dean Lowry, DL: One other 12 months, one other Packers participant signing with an NFC North group. Lowry has signed with the Minnesota Vikings.
- Robert Tonyan, TE: Tonyan may even keep within the NFC North. He has signed a cope with the Chicago Bears.
- Jarran Reed, DL: Reed returns to the Seattle Seahawks, the group that drafted him in 2016.
Remaining Packers free brokers
- Randall Cobb, WR
- Marcedes Lewis, TE
- Mason Crosby, Okay
- Adrian Amos, S
- Justin Hollins, EDGE
- Krys Barnes, LB
- Eric Wilson, LB
- Dallin Leavitt, S
- Corey Ballentine, CB